Saturday, August 30, 2014

Raspberry Pi Backup/Restore scripts and tutorial updated for NOOBs based SD cards!


Raspberry Pi B+ top.jpg
Image Credit:" Raspberry Pi B+ top" by Lucasbosch - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
.
Hi friends, I have made changes to the original article and scripts on github to support NOOBs SD cards. These SD cards can contain one or more raspberry PI operating systems. My scripts will backup one of those (linux based) OSs and allow you to restore it to a fresh SD. Note, it will only backup whichever OS is booted, and only that OS. During the restore script run, it will grow the partitions to fill the entire SD card. I have tested it with Raspbian and Pidora. Thanks and Enjoy!


Quick note of thanks to @KevinSidwar who pointed this out to me, I had never used NOOBs and it's an important feature for my scripts to support since a lot of new Rapsberry Pi come with a NOOBs card these days. Thanks Kevin!
You can find the article at: http://sysmatt.blogspot.com/2014/08/backup-restore-customize-and-clone-your.html